Our March 2021 Athlete of the Month is Rimma! She has such a positive presence in the gym and is always encouraging of other athletes! She will often join members to finish out their workouts when she is done. She’s super strong and humble, and recently hitting some massive PRs in her lifts!
Thank you, Rimma for being a driving force and embracing what community truly means in the gym! Please read below to learn more about Rimma.
- How long have you been a member at KCF? Do you remember your first experience? I have been a member for about 1.5 years. First time I came in I was recovering from a feel fracture.
- What keeps you coming back to the gym day after day? I love that the programming includes a mix of different sports disciplines – weightlifting, gymnastics, cardio, stretching. I am usually drawn to cardio but it’s so great to do strength and core building exercised. I also love the flexible number of classes and that it’s close to my home.
- Do you have a favorite WOD or movement? Hmm. Anything but snatch 🙂 Snatch is the hardest movement for me because it involves technical, mental and timing components that are hard to put together.
- What’s your biggest personal accomplishment inside Kirkland Community Fitness? Finally being able to do some upper body WODs at RX weight. My legs are usually in good shape, but I struggle with upper body exercises sometime.
- You workout with your two sons on Sundays at the gym, how important is that time spent together surrounding fitness? It’s super important to me as it creates a bonding opportunity for us, it reinforces the need for physical health, which in turn drives mental health. I really appreciate that during these challenging COVID times KCF has been able to offer online teen classes, as well as stay open and continue with group classes in a safe environment. I don’t think I would have stayed sane through this pandemic if I did not have the opportunity to workout at KCF!
- Is there anything you want to share with the KCF community surrounding your personal fitness goals and successes? I am happy I can do several strict or kipping pull-ups in a row. 1.5 years ago I could not even do one without a band.
- Outside the gym you are very active with skiing, hiking and running, how does KCF keep you in shape year round? It’s great to be able to cross-train other muscles and movements not typically used in outdoor activities that I do (which are legs mostly).
- What’s your favorite place to vacation? Anywhere new and where I can stay active! There are still so many trails to run and mountains to climb that I have not done yet 🙂