Our April 2022 Athlete of the Month is Polina, a consistent 6:30am attendee! Polina was nominated by our trainers for her great attitude, pushing herself in class, and bringing in others to experience the KCF community! We are lucky to have Polina. I asked her some questions and read below to find out more about her:
- How long have you been a member at KCF? Do you remember your first experience? Since August 2021. I remember box jumps and now being able to count very well while exerting myself 🙂
- What keeps you coming back to the gym day after day? The incremental progress that I see! An extra pound or two added to the bar, another pull-up or double under in a row… accomplishing something new, no matter how small, starts my day off with joy.
- Do you have a favorite WOD or movement? I like crunches and GHDs!
- Do you have a least favorite WOD or movement? I do not like wall ball (yet).
- What’s your biggest personal accomplishment inside KCF? I can do pull-ups now! Even a single pull-up seemed an insurmountable challenge prior to joining KCF.
- Is there anything you want to share with the KCF community surrounding your personal fitness goals and successes? I grew up in New York City, where none of the kids did or were encouraged to do sports. I was intimidated to do anything active until my mid twenties when I moved out west and started hiking. Even then I always thought it was too late to be an athletic person. I love that we call ourselves athletes and cheer each other on, and that Jason’s excellent coaching can help those at any level develop confidence and new skills. There is no such thing as too late!
- Any recent PRs you’re super proud of or lifts you feel more comfortable performing? I am ever so slowly overcoming the mental obstacles related to the bar going overhead in a snatch.
- Outside the gym, what are some of your favorite hobbies? Mountaineering!
- What’s your favorite place to vacation? Right here at home, in the Cascade or Olympic mountains or Salish Sea. We live in the most beautiful, wonderful place in the world!