Whether it’s as the sun is coming up or in the pitch dark of winter, Marc arrives with a smile on his face at 5:30AM to start his day with Kirkland CrossFit! Coaches nominated Marc because he pushes hard, but also listens to his body; he’s always welcoming of new members; super positive attitude and kind presence; and will judge anyone at anytime during the Open. We are thankful to have Marc as part of our awesome community. Check out his answers to our questions below:
- How long have you been a member at Kirkland CrossFit? Do you remember your first experience? I think it was October 2011 when I first joined, so just more than eight years ago. Jeremiah was my coach for the onramp and it seems like I scaled everything and was exhausted in the process. After the onramp was complete, I remember being pretty nervous walking into the first class. It was great being welcomed by such a supportive and encouraging group of people.
- What keeps you coming back to the gym day after day? The people. It is great being part of a gym with owners who care about us while also striving for continual improvement, coaches who push us and motivate us, and the community of friends who stagger in with me at 5:30am. In addition, this is the only form of exercise that has kept me engaged over a sustained period of time. It has enabled me to achieve the goals I had when I first walked through the doors.
- Do you have a favorite WOD or movement? Deadlifts and Power Cleans for weightlifting. A favorite type of workout would including running or DUs, some for of pull-up, and barbell work.
- Do you have a least favorite WOD or movement? Anything involving squatting with the barbell overhead.
- What’s your biggest personal accomplishment inside KCF? Staying consistent over the years and basically remaining injury free. Anytime I hit a DL PR I am pretty excited. It may have been awhile since that has happened though.
- Is there anything you want to share with the KCF community surrounding your personal fitness goals and accomplishments? Any recent PRs you are super proud of or lifts you feel more comfortable performing? One of the goals I had when I first came to CrossFit was to be able to stay fit enough to keep up with my adult kids as we backpack and enjoy other outdoor activities. The workouts have not only improved my fitness, but give me more confidence while enjoying these hobbies.
- Outside the gym, what are some of your favorite hobbies? I really enjoy hiking and kayaking with family and friends.
- Do you have a favorite place to vacation? Hawaii or most any sunny place with a beach.
Thank you, Marc for showing up every morning to work hard and support your fellow athletes!