Gage King is our very deserving July 2021 Athlete of the Month. He is always early to class with a smile on his face and ready to work hard, while cheering on fellow athletes. Gage is a staple in the 5:30pm class and he always brings the heat! Thank you Gage for being an awesome member and embracing our true community feel!
- How long have you been a member at Kirkland Community Fitness? Do you remember your first experience? I’ve been coming for about three years. My first experience was awesome because there was a bunch of movements I had never done before.
- What keeps you coming back to the gym day after day? I come back because all the people I have become close with in the gym, plus having the coaches giving me pointers and everyone cheering me on.
- Do you have a favorite WOD or movement? I love EMOM (every minute on the minute) workouts because I like to see if I can beat my previous round score.
- Do you have a least favorite WOD or movement? My least favorite movements are overhead squats and lunges.
- What’s your biggest personal accomplishment inside KCF? My biggest accomplishment is getting a personal record (PR) for a deadlift at 300 lbs. I am also really proud of my back squat PR of 175 lbs.
- Is there anything you want to share with the KCF community surrounding your personal fitness goals and successes? Any recent PRs you are super proud of or lifts you feel more comfortable performing? My goal is to go heavier in weight for all movements.
- Outside the gym what are some of your favorite hobbies? Hobbies are hanging out with friends, playing video games, softball, and car stuff.
- Where’s your favorite place to vacation? My favorite place to vacation is Wisconsin because that’s where all my family is, but I would love to visit Japan and Australia one day.