Kirkland CrossFit is ecstatic to announce our awesome member, Amy Schovajsa, as our December Athlete of the Month! Amy has been a long time member who continues you have a daily presence in the gym, kicks butt in every workout, and loves her family dearly. We love watching Amy compete with a constant determination to be better than the day before. She’s strong and she’s fast, all with great form and a smile on her face!
Thank you Amy for all you bring to the Kirkland CrossFit community!
- How long have you been a member at Kirkland CrossFit? Do you remember your first experience? I am going into my fifth year of CrossFit! I immediately fell in love with it, even though I was terrified to come! I do not have one specific memory from when I first started, other than always feeling like I wanted to quit mid-workout. It was difficult to find that level of uncomfortableness that I was willing to be comfortable with. But I still experience that today!
- What keeps you coming back to the gym day after day? I love CrossFit for the community and the friendships that I have created. I am also one of those crazy people that really just enjoys working out and pushing myself. I love that each day is different than the last.
- It’s special to see both you and your husband loving CrossFit. What’s your favorite part of working out with James? It’s one of the only times during the day where we are not interrupted by our kids, plus I love trying to keep up with him!
- What’s your biggest personal accomplishment inside KCF? Not sure. I feel pretty accomplished just keeping myself healthy and injury free!
- What’s your favorite WOD or movement? My favorite WODs are 17.5 and Nancy.
- What’s your least favorite WOD or movement? My least favorite WOD is Cindy.
- Is there something you want to share with KCF community surrounding your personal fitness goals and accomplishments? Personal fitness goals for me just consist of staying healthy.
- Outside the gym, what are some of your favorite hobbies? CrossFit.
- Do you have a favorite place to vacation? We really enjoy vacationing near the water whether it is Lake Chelan, Coeur d’Alene, or Southern California. Most our free time is spent at baseball, basketball, soccer, and dance… but I wouldn’t trade it for anything!